Saturday, May 30, 2009

Outside of work...

No, I don´t want you all to think all I do is work. I don´t. The other day I went to salsa class. I visit and spend time with friends. This past weekend I had a four day weekend. So, I packed my backpack and walked out the door with no real destination in mind. I stopped by the garage of a friend and he asked me where I was headed. I said, I think I will go to Talca and from there I will head to the coast, but where I don´t know. He says...oh, there is a really pretty place called Pelluhue along the coast and a little surf town called Curanipe. I smiled and said...alright, I will head there. With that, he gave me his number and told me that if I found a cabin to rent he would bring his wife and kids, so we could all spend the weekend together. So, when I arrived to this beach area, which was an adventure in itself, I stayed at a hostal the first night...then the family met up with me in the afternoon. We found a nice cabin on the beach. We ate alot of good food! Egg a la copa, disc (which is a bunch of meat cooked on a disc), and poor man´s lasagna. We had alot of fun. Because we are going into winter, the towns were pretty dead, but it was still enjoyable.

I was on the beach with little Juan (their son) and a ragged looking german shepard approached us, wearing a old leather collar with rusty old nails for spikes to protect him from other dogs (I would think). A gentleman on the beach started talking to me and this dog kept staring at me and giving a little bark from time to time, wanting attention...the gentleman says..he wants cariño....I thought to myself...I understand that, but I just don´t know that I want to give him love right now..ha ha...There are so many stray dogs around here and they all have character...and I can say you almost want to take them all home with you...but, I just don´t know where they have been. I already work in a school where they never use soap to wash the dishes, nor do they ever have soap in the bathroom...I just don´t know if I want to invite myself to more germs. Oh well...

So, I just want you all to know that I am ok..I am going to try to get back into blogging...I just thought I would give an update for now...

Alright...take care!

jami

1 comment:

Tom Severson said...

Good to hear you are safe and happy. I am sure your students appreciate your efforts.
Sounds like you have some great friends.

love dad