My life hasn´t been all work. The other day I came home from work and the family offered me dinner. I asked them what we were eating, as I was sitting at the table. They said it was a special treat and that it might be better to ask after I am done eating what we ate. I took their advice knowing that I was probably eating something I said I would never eat. In the same moment I was visualizing the meat counter at the super market or in the carnecerias (meat markets), the stomachs, kidneys, livers, tongues, pig heads, beef, chicken, chicken feet, etc...trying to guess what this mysterious meal was.
I will be fair, it wasn´t bad and at some point, I found it to be tastey. I had soup with chicken kidney´s, followed by friend liver and onions with fried egg on the top (yep, heart attack on a plate). It was good. I cannot say that I will crave it...but I would be open to eating it again.
The next evening, I was given the same chat before I ate a mystery sandwich meat....it turns out I was eating head cheese. From what I understand, the head part of head cheese is true, but not the cheese part. Hmm...is this what they use pig heads for??
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment