They used the granite in all the flooring of the facility. Everything is very symetrical, very elegantly and tastefully done, using the natural elements of the terrain. The hillside provides natural cooling to help maintain the cool temperatures necessary for the wine making process. It is the most beautiful of all the vineyards I have visited here in Chile. Of course, I have only visited about 5 of many...
The building, at the top, is designed to look like a bird´s nest. The grapes come in at the top level, which is at the top of the hill and come out as wine at the bottom of the hill. The grapes are all hand picked by female workers (because females give more attention to details and handle the grapes with more care). The whole wine making process is moved along by gravity....not pumps. It is a 5 story process. Amazing! These are only a few pictures to give you an idea of what is it like...I have more to share later.
I had also visited another of the Lapostolle locations, closer the Santa Cruz, with my host Mom, since she teaches English lessons there...they gave me a tour to practice there English. I found it interesting that all the bottles for their top top wines came from France. All there barrels, of course, are french oak too.
Alright...ciao for now....jami
No comments:
Post a Comment